With our Account Portal, you will manage your licenses and adjust some UpSlide configuration settings for your team(s). It is accessible at portal.upslide.net. Your login details should have been sent to you by the consultant setting you up.
Welcome page: License and options pool
When you connect to the Portal, it shows:
- Summary of all the assigned and available licenses and options subscribed across all accounts you manage
- Detailed view by account (sometimes used when you need to separate teams)
The Details by Account allows you to purchase new licences or options. If you manage multiple accounts, you use this area to transfer licenses from one account to another.
Changing users and licenses
On the home screen, select Manage, which gives you a list of all your existing users. You can add and delete users, transfer a license, and purchase new licenses when needed.
Key to license status:
- Assigned: the user has been granted a license but has not activated UpSlide yet.
- Activated: the user has activated UpSlide.
- Expired: the user has been granted a license, has activated it once but did not use it since the renewal anniversary (in general, it happens during the first days after the renewal anniversary then goes back to activated).
Adding one user at a time
To assign a license you already purchased to a new email address press, Add a user. This popup allows you to fill in each element of that team member. Which Account they should have the license assigned from, which options you want to give them (such as Administrator or Power BI Link user). You can add tags for the user, too, and it will suggest tags already in use across your team.
Editing or removing one user at a time
To edit user information or to add/remove options to a user, click the ✏ button. You can then select/unselect options, then click OK. The changes will be applied to the user when they restart Microsoft Office.
To delete a user from the user list, click the 🗑 button. They will not have access to UpSlide after restarting MS Office.
To reassign a license to a different user, first, delete and then add a new user.
Adding or editing multiple users simultaneously (English language setting on the machine)
Click Export, and download a CSV file where each existing user has a row.
- Editing existing users: You can edit the data per user on the row.
- Adding new users: Add new rows of data to the bottom of the list.
Once you have made edits or added new users, you need to Import them back to upload the changes to the UpSlide license server. These changes are instant, so newly added users can immediately activate UpSlide and users with options added can restart MS Office to have access to the additional functionality.
Adding or editing multiple users simultaneously (other language settings on the machine)
Due to how Windows and Excel handle languages, you will need first to prepare the file to edit it easily.
- Export the CSV to your machine as above
- Open the CSV in a text editor (such as Notepad) and use "replace all ; with ,"
- Save the CSV, then open it in Excel.
- Select all the rows of data (just Column A) and use the Excel Text to Columns tool found in the Data tab
- Choose by delimiters and use “,” as your delimiter.
Changing UpSlide configuration settings
The Portal allows you to control the configuration settings. Changes you make to these settings automatically synchronise to user machines within 24 hours as long as communication to our server is enabled.
The Team Settings page allows you to manage customization and libraries location. It is helpful in case you change these locations. UpSlide will retrieve paths every day so that it uses the correct folders.
You can also adjust some specific settings for the team that changes their day-to-day use using UpSlide. For example, you can toggle this to enable/disable the setting, syncing to user machines within 24 hours.