We have created a tool to help detect and fix the most frequent installation problems. We've included a presentation of this tool's main features for you.
The Support.exe tool can be downloaded here.
Check for issues
This button performs a global check-up of the UpSlide installation. Support.exe will check the following:
- UpSlide is installed on the computer
- UpSlide has the needed permissions on the Installation folder
- UpSlide prerequisites are installed on the computer
- Office version is compatible with UpSlide
- UpSlide has access to the Shared Folder
- If not, the user won't be able to use the Library feature.
Gather System Information
Using this button, the user will be able to retrieve useful information, such as:
- UpSlide version
- .Net Version
- Office version
- Windows version
- List of installed Add-ins in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Our Support agents can use this information when investigating issues on the user's machine. It can also be sent directly to our Support team using the Contact Support button.
Reactivate UpSlide in Office
If your UpSlide has disappeared from the Office menu, the plugin has been deactivated. This can happen for various reasons as Windows updates or Office crashes. When this happens, UpSlide can be reactivated manually by following this procedure.
The Support tool makes it even easier with a one-click reactivation that automatically fixes the issue.
Install Reactivation Service
This service should be installed by default during UpSlide installation and monitors your installation and automatically fixes it when needed. You can install it if you are missing it and repeatedly suffer from UpSlide deactivation. For more information about this feature, please see here.