- Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium versions
- Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 or above
- UpSlide v126.96.36.199 or above with a Power BI to PowerPoint/Word feature
- Microsoft Edge
- Power BI Desktop only, and thus do not publish any reports online
- Power BI Report Server (also called On-Premises)
- Power BI Governance licenses
Authorize access to Power BI through UpSlide
UpSlide needs the user's consent for the Power BI to PowerPoint/Word feature to work. As an organization admin, you can grant consent to Power BI resources for all users. Please follow all the steps explained in this article: Power BI Integration - Grant consent to all users.
How does it work
UpSlide's Power BI to PowerPoint/Word feature is powered by a web browser, Chromium, which is embedded into UpSlide using a wrapper called Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF). UpSlide uses Chromium to:
- display Power BI reports
- take screenshots of visuals or report pages
- display some user interface components to provide a smoother experience
Microsoft's Power BI Desktop app also uses CEF for the same purpose. Chromium is only used to execute trusted content, either web assets embedded within UpSlide's signed binaries or provided by Microsoft Power BI Embedded platform.