If your Library contains slides with sensitive content such as disclaimers that should be usable but not editable, you can use the locked slides functionality.
Locked slides can be used by every UpSlide user with access to the Library. They can be added to any presentation with working footers, reminders and all other automated content, but they won't be editable.
Administrators can unlock the slide to change and update its content.
These are the feature's known limitations:
- Users can't update Excel links, Power BI links or cross-references.
- Users can't click on hyperlinks or cross-references.
- You can lock single slides but not whole decks.
Publish locked slides
To publish multiple single slides as locked slides:
- In your presentation, select the slides you want to publish as locked slides.
- Right-click in the Library and select Advanced Publish...
- Select Publish individually and check Lock slides. Then click Publish.
Replace a locked slide
Locked slides can only be replaced one at a time. To replace them:
- Select the slide you want to replace in the Library and insert it in a presentation.
- Right-click the slide and select Unlock slide to modify its content.
- Right-click in the Library the slide you want to replace and select Replace with selected slide.
- Locked slide is automatically checked.
- Click Replace.