v188.8.131.52 - 25/02/2021
- XL Link: we now offer a PPT sizing guide allowing users to preview in XL the dimensions of the selected placeholder/shape in PPT. This way they can easily resize their XL content to best fit its target container in PPT.
- Add-in Notifications: our notification toaster has had its UI skin redone in order to match our most recent UI standards.
- SmartPainter pane would be a shrunk on Surface screens.
- A PPT update caused for some breadcrumb shapes to not fit to the text they contain as expected.
- When the end-user options to display reminders and sub-sections dividers were unticked one could not create sub-sections under specific conditions.
- The UpdateAll function that is not supported in Slide sorter view was still enabled.
- Secondary axis titles were not SmartFormatted as expected.
v184.108.40.206 - 12/02/2021
- PPT Table of Contents: one can now move a 3rd-level section.
- Smart Clean: the tool's UI has been redone to fit our most recent UI standards.
- AutoUpdate: the add-in now checks and downloads updates at every startup and at least every 24 hours if the user doesn't restart their add-in.
- Content generation module: end of the beta period. Module is now generally available .
- Getty Image integration (beta): content generation module can now use Getty image as source.
- Library (introduced in 6.6.14): thumbnails would be blurry and, in specific circumstances, blank.
v220.127.116.11 - 02/02/2021
- PowerPoint Table of Contents: Add the ability to set a 3rd-level section.
- Content generation module (beta): scripting system now supports functions to move and resize shapes.
- Content generation module (beta): date format can be customized directly in the shape template, making it possible to use custom local date formats when generating Tombstones or CVs.
- Content generation module (beta): source data (CSV file, script and images) can now be stored in SharePoint.
- Provisioning: adding a new user already existing in a different account would stop the provisioning process. If this happens, the user is now moved to the provisioned account.
v18.104.22.168 - 01/14/2021
- Excel Formatting: chart title position is now taken into account in Smart Format. UpSlide takes the exact chart title position in Excel style and applies it to the destination chart. Available only if the customization was generated with this version and above.
- Library: tags are now displayed in alphabetical order in the filters menu.
- You can now propose a new feature by mail (instead of the website page).
- Content generation module (beta): Support for CSV files in a UNC path. Images and data can now be directly pulled from a network folder (previously, we needed an external API).
- Content generation module (beta): Administrators can now configure the module to run a script during generation of tombstones or CVs. For now, this script supports only concatenation of columns in the same text part and the deletion of shapes. This new feature makes it possible to handle advanced tombstones formats where the layout depends on the values found in the CSV.
- Library administration: it's now possible to add a slide to the library even if it's not coming from an UpSlide template currently configured on the machine. For example, a slide coming from an old template (now remove from the customization) can be used.
- Finalize & Send Mail: multiple UI fixes, especially in French.
- Waterfall: Gridlines are no more activated at creation. Also, the white line on top of waterfall charts has been removed.
- Stacked Waterfall: Total data labels would not have their color smart formatted.
- PowerPoint would crash at startup if the templates have to be regenerated.
- Title and legend of some charts would have a black background after Smart Format.
- Dynamic templates: fixed a bug which prevented the use of shape parts in the Slide master.
v22.214.171.124 - 18/12/2020
- Excel Formatting: chart SmartFormat now also formats the secondary axis when it exists in the exact same way as it formats the primary one.
- Library: we are now able to host read-only libraries on Azure Blob Storage containers.
- Content generation module (beta): in case connection is down, display a retry message to reload the pane (before user needed to restart PowerPoint).
- Content generation module (beta): added an account wide option to access directly the library tab via a ribbon button.
- Content generation module (beta): support of markdown syntax in the source text.
- The "go to source" feature would not work in Word on a text export placed within a shape.
v126.96.36.199 - 3/12/2020
- Content generation module (beta): display first 4 filters by default.
- Content generation module (beta): possibility to include ribbon buttons to directly access each content source.
- Excel number format dropdown: display the excel format code in tooltip and use it as preview when none can be computed.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for the Excel explorer button.
- Content generation module (beta): preserve sort order when adding filters.
- Content generation module (beta): field edition for legacy tombstone module was broken by 188.8.131.52.
- Multiple bug fixes when dealing with ctrl + alt + key shortcut handling.
- Integrator only: when masking table of content storage layout, we also make sure it will be ignored by spell check.
- Library stored in Azure blob storage: allow our library system to point to a blob storage (nothing functional yet).
- Error reporting: all settings files are included when mailing support.
v184.108.40.206 - 23/11/2020
- The SmartClean tool in Excel has had its performance significantly increased when cleaning names with errors.
- Add more logs to our content generation module (beta).
- Autoupdate settings (is it on, off or limited to a certain version) can now be controlled at user level.
v220.127.116.11 - 19/11/2020
- UpSlide now checks the license against UpSlide servers at each startup. In particular, this means that new options are immediately available to users.
- Dynamic templates now support dynamic slide parts where multiple slide decks can be pulled from the library based on a multiple-choice menu.
- Breadcrumbs navigation bars can now be set to not be displayed on specific contents slides.
- Users without a license would be displayed a confusing message saying their license would expire in one day.
- An error would be raised when SmartFormatting the same Excel table twice.
- Library "insert & resize" would not place an inserted shape in the expected position.
v18.104.22.168 - 09/11/2020
- Office 2016 build 13328.20292 prevents UpSlide link system to function with charts. We implemented a fix to workaround this Office bug.
v22.214.171.124 - 06/11/2020
- Office 2016 build 13328.20292 prevents UpSlide link system to function with charts. We made the error signalled to the user clearer and paved the way for a permanent fix.
v126.96.36.199 - 21/10/2020
- Excel Formatting
- Number Format Gallery: End-users now have the ability to access directly a given number format set in their stylesheet using a dropdown list just like they were already able to do with background fills, borders and fonts.
- New Graphic Identity
- Logo Update: across all 3 add-ins (i.e. XL, PPT and WRD) we have updated the UpSlide logos to the ones of our company’s new graphical identity.
- Clients Administration Site
- Listing and Deleting users: administrators are now able to list and delete users in the new customer facing admin platform.
- Items cycle button in Excel would not cycle if two adjacent styles had the same background color
- UpdateAll dialog could freeze PowerPoint or Excel if it was closed while a large number of links was being updated
- Onboarding screen would through an error on a specific case
- The wrong error message was being displayed to users when they where trying to publish sheets with forbidden characters in their names
- UpslideMonitoringService.exe was not working properly on AzureAD machines
- Non-admin users were having access to the export customization feature that should be available only for administrators
- The list of options the user has access to displayed in the settings dialog was not being correctly refreshed when those were changed on the license server
- The number of licenses/options displayed to the admin in the client admin site after a concurrent purchase/transfer was not the server value
- The login page would not be the first to be displayed to the admin if his token expired
v188.8.131.52 - 13/10/2020
- PBI Link Slicer editing would slice incorrectly when inputting the new value in date, numeric and boolean filters.
v184.108.40.206 - 07/10/2020
Shortcut Entry: end-users are now able to set a keyboard shortcut to launch slide check.
Clients Administration Site
Transfer Licenses: administrators are now able to transfer licenses between accounts they can manage like they could in the legacy site.
- Trying to edit anyway a PPT presentation marked as read-only was not refused and could fail
- Users could make server activation requests with the phony email address "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Adding a PPT style with a horizontal line without outline would give a bad preview
- Specific straight connectors in the PPT style gallery could not be applied to a compatible shape
- Editing chart labels could corrupt a specific XL file
- A search query typed during library synchronization would disappear once the latter was finished
- The breadcrumb solution would fail if a subsection without a parent section was created
- Administrators were able to buy high numbers of licenses (<500) on the client admin site
- The display of validation errors was wrong in the settings page in the client admin site
v220.127.116.11 - 06/10/2020
- Security Fixes (for more info https://support.upslide.net/hc/en-us/articles/360016844099).
v18.104.22.168 - 24/09/2020
- Excel Link
- Replace Destination Selection: a new setting has been introduced to allow end-users to have target empty placeholders/shapes in PowerPoint/Word replaced by the export image when an Excel export is performed.
- Table of Contents
- Breadcrumb Navigation: Integrators can now create templates that will have Breadcrumb navigation bars added to content slides when the TOC is refreshed.
- Clients Administration Site
- New Graphical Identity Makeover: The clients administration site has had its UI completely remodelled to fit UpSlide’s new graphical identity.
- On a specific XL workbook a link creation was raising a multiple-source conflict it shouldn't at update.
- Administrators were able to export customizations with names containing special characters like "+" while they shouldn't be.
- Adding and applying a line style in PPT was failing on straight lines.
- While publishing the top shape of a stack on a PPT slide all shapes placed below it were also being stored in the library storage even if just the top shape was actually used later when inserting it into PPT presentations.
- The Finalize form validation in PPT was not working as expected.
- The enabling/disabling of the "Advanced Export" button in the ribbon was preventing the selection of entire columns with merged cells.
- The field order in the Template Wizard form was not necessarily the one defined in the wizard's config.
v22.214.171.124 - 10/09/2020
- Table of Contents
- (Sub)Section name edit in divider: end-users are now able to edit the name of their (sub)sections directly in their dividers instead of doing it using the outline pane.
- Appendix Divider Layout: integrators are now able to set a specific layout for appendix dividers so those can have a different background than standard sections.
- Excel Link
- Default Export Options: the “preserve visibility” and “preserve width” options previously only available in advanced export can now be set to be used by default on exports created using the “(Resize &) Export” ribbon buttons.
- PBI Link
- Edit Slicers: end-users can now edit single value slicers directly from PowerPoint.
- Visuals with borders: end-users can now import Power BI visuals with a border.
- Default shortcuts stored in the config were not loading.
- SmartCheck would miss punctuation errors if they were placed before a new line.
- Shape insertion in the library would fail on PPT if the user was using the "Notes" view.
v126.96.36.199 - 12/08/2020
- Licenses Administration Site: administrators are now able to purchase both new licenses and options directly in the site.
- The "Advanced Export" button in Excel is now disabled if a single-cell is selected instead of having a message saying such selection is not supported by the feature as before.
- Library synchronization could fail when deleting and re-adding a library in the settings dialog.
- The import of PBI links could fail on some specific reports.
- Tombstones selection had a weird behaviour in some cases.
v188.8.131.52 - 01/07/2020
Dynamically Generated Tombstones: integrators or administrators are now able to setup a tombstones DB in a few minutes using just an Excel file and a set of images (e.g. logos...) as those tombstones will be dynamically generated when end-users perform a search.
Library Tags Filtering: end-users are now able to filter library contents using tags.
Existing Library Tags Suggestions: administrators are now suggested existing tags matching their typed string when adding new tags to a library element.
Licenses and Options Figures in Clients Admin Site: the Licensing page in the new client administration platform has the licenses and options figures like in the legacy one.
- Power BI PowerPoint link: Integrators can edit slicers with a single value
- The new UpdateAll window was very slow. Updating multiple hundreds of links could take up to 45minutes.
- The XL link correction ratio that was applied to exports has been removed so as to have a closer result to the actual source content.
- Power BI to PowerPoint link: Import window reconnects automatically when the token expires
v184.108.40.206 - 17/06/2020
Client Administration Site
Team Libraries: Administrators are now able to edit their team libraries autonomously without having to rely on UpSlide consultants or support.
Shared Repository: Administrators are now able to edit their shared repository path in the new site as they already could in the legacy one.
Tombstones: administrators are now able to add image path fields to their tombstones databases
Power BI to PowerPoint: integrators can now see the list of editable filters
- Slide check would raise a false negative font color warning when all levels of the corresponding placeholder were set to the same color
- Most used content list in the library would have a weird display behavior in some cases
- Library item names were not properly trimmed when being renamed
v220.127.116.11 - 03/06/2020
- Library: End-users are now able to see the tags added by their admins in the library items' preview.
- Tombstones: In order to prepare the road to the dynamic generation of tombstones, we have changed the way end-users preview them by displaying the first 15 Tombstones in the results and having them click on Display more to load the next 15.
- Dynamic Template: You can now access your Dynamic content opening the template gallery
- Page-level filter appear on page export from Power BI to PowerPoint
- Error message when the update of Power BI visual failed because they have been deleted
v18.104.22.168 - 20/05/2020
- Most used items: When starting a library search, end-users are now displayed their personal top 5 most used items and can easily access them.
- Library Item Tags: Administrators are now able to further categorize their library content by adding tags to their items.
- Shape from library: Integrators are now able to setup dynamic templates that will be able to pick and insert library shapes in the same way it was already possible to do with slides.
- New features onboarding: End-Users upgrading their UpSlide version will now be presented in Excel new onboarding panels informing them of the new Link features that have been delivered in Q1.
- shortcuts deactivated by users were still kept active in some cases
v22.214.171.124 - 06/05/2020
- CSV Dynamic Lists (Template Wizard): dynamic list fields previously only available with an API integration can now also be set using a simple CSV file stored on a network share or an URL (no authentication support for now).
- Publish sheets individually in Excel Lib: users are now able to publish multiple sheets individually in their Excel Library just like they are able to do with slides in PowerPoint.
- library items being renamed could be drag and dropped by administrators are yield unexpected behaviors
- Date filter value of Power BI visuals look like a date and not like millions
v126.96.36.199 - 23/04/2020
- Move Library Items: administrators are now able to drag and drop elements from one folder to another within the same library.
- Persistent Library Zoom Level: End-users have now their library preview zoom-level preserved across their sessions for each add-in (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- UpdateAll Dialog Skin: the UpdateAll dialog has had its UI skin fully changed to fit our most recent UI standards.
- Power BI to PowerPoint link is ready to be used with improved update panel UX and new onboarding video
- PPT or Word export could render unexpected results at the update on some very specific cases
- Server end-points were answering with "400" error codes for unknown users when they shouldn't.
v188.8.131.52 - 07/04/2020
- Advanced Export: A new Advanced Export feature has been added in Excel. This feature allows for users to create Excel links with additional update options such as preserving cells' visibility and export image width.
- Highlight Links: users are now able to highlight all linked tables and charts in their active Excel sheet.
- Auto SmartFormat Team Setting: a new team setting can now be set by UpSlide integrators allowing them to turn on and off auto SmartFormat for all users of a given account.
- Universal Agenda Team Setting: UpSlide integrators are now able to set on and off the Universal Agenda setting that allows an account's users to easily insert an agenda slide when working on a "non-UpSlide" presentation.
- Facing Pages with one-side printing: when two-side printing is off, print versions' slide numbering will be adjusted so that it matches its equivalent with the two-side printing on.
- Some multiple-source conflicts that could be automatically solved where being asked to be solved manually by the the users.
- UpdateAll dialog was failing when being opened on some specific circumstances.
- Axis ticklabels were not being correctly applied by the chart SmartFormat.
- Data labels borders were not correctly applied by the chart SmartFormat.
- Corrupted installations were not immediately detected as expected.
- Some Excel dialogs had cursor spinners displayed when the mouse was not over them which could be misleading for users.
v184.108.40.206 - 24/03/2020
- The Link Information dialog in PowerPoint has had its skin improved to better fit our current UI standards.
- The Go to last export feature for WRD exports has been improved to select and focus the exported object in the destination file.
- Cancelling a text export would fail since the recent change of dialog skin.
- Inserting a table from the library on Office 2010 could fail in some cases.
- Some labels were missing in the dialog of the Go to last export feature informing the user the last exported file could not be found.
v220.127.116.11 - 10/03/2020
- End-users are now able to activate a setting that results in all native charts created being automatically Smart Formatted.
- End-users are now able to choose on a given presentation if Table of Contents reminders should be visible or not.
- Shortcuts management was improved to better function when working across multiple keyboards.
- Go to last export/update could leave some zombie processes that are now properly removed once they are no longer needed.
V18.104.22.168 - 02/03/2020
- End-users are now able to (de)activate in their presentation's TOC properties the display of sub-section titles in the TOC slide as well as specifying if sub-sections should have divider slides or not.
- The Go to last export feature delivered in the last version for PowerPoint exports has now been made available for _Word exports as well.
- The Update Successful dialog has had its look & feel improved to better fit our new UI quality requirements.
- Issues impacting library loading and search performance especially in Word have been solved.
- The behavior of the freeze function, when applied to small shapes, has been improved when a whole slide is frozen.
- A fix on the library folder renaming, which could fail in a specific case, has been corrected.
V22.214.171.124 - 11/02/2020
- Multiple-source conflicts caused by copying a linked chart in the same excel sheet are now resolved without the need for user intervention.
- Users are now able to go to the PPT presentation (WRD exports are not yet supported) to which an XL chart was last exported.
- When updating a PPT link without a valid source XL file open, users are now able to let UpSlide try to open the last source file that was used to update the link.
- The text export format (i.e. export as text or image) prompt has had its look & feel improved to better fit our new UI quality requirements.
- Chart SmartFormat has been enhanced to now set nearly all possible chart element styles available (Axes, Title, Legend, Data Label, Gridlines, Outline....).
- One can now convert the last series of a stacked bar chart into total data labels if the series' values correspond to a total of the others.
- Library image insertion in the header could fail sometimes in Word.
- XL formatting features could fail in some very specific cases.
- Ctrl-Z undoes on tables SmartFormat was mistakenly deactivated.
- Creating a print version could fail in some specific cases.
- Exporting XL chart or table could fail on coauthored Word documents.
- Library slides being inserted directly in a new presentation were not raising the expected outdated content warnings.
V126.96.36.199 - 13/01/2020
XL Formatting: In order to help users save time when complying to their company's graphical charter, the border and font formatting features have been extended to also be supported when working with charts. The font formatting feature has also been enhanced to allow users to define a dedicated style list in their theme file for increased flexibility for users formatting their cells and charts.
Sharepoint: The SharePoint library synchronization has been improved for better performance and overall a better administrator experience.
Licencing: A new licensing option better suited for large corporate clients has been added.
UI Improvements: Many minor UI improvements such as texts and icon updates have been processed for a better application look and feel.
- XL Formatting: minor bugs on SmartFormat, number format and border styles were corrected
- XL Modeling: new advanced paste and fast fill functions were enhanced to cover some cases in which behavior wasn't what a user would expect
- XL Operations: multiple and divide by a thousand were not working on accounting and currency cell formats
- Dynamic Templates: wizard text inputs weren't validated as the user filled them in
- Slide Check: double space warnings were not raised in some specific cases
- PPT in general: ctrl+shirft+arrow navigation was not working is some cases
- Settings Window: window could be resized until some items were made invisible
V188.8.131.52 - 06/12/2019
XL Explorer Pane: a new pane to help users easily find and navigate through their open workbooks and sheets
XL Formatting: Background Color and Custom Borders "cycle" buttons have been complemented by a dropdown list for faster access to cycle items.
Background Color fill which until now could only be applied to cells, can now also be applied to chart elements such as series, points...
An analogous combination of "cycle" button and dropdown for font styles has been added to the formatting section.
Finally, the latter has been reorganized to help users find the desired styling features more easily.
XL Advanced Paste: four new advanced paste functions (Preserve Formulas, Duplicate Formulas, Row Heights and Number Formats Only) have been added to help users save time when building their workbooks and sheets.
XL Fast Fill: two new fast fill functions and shortcuts (Fast Fill Right and Fast Fill Down) have been added to help users save precious clicks and key strokes when propagating content in their sheets.
Slide Check: our Font Deviates from Layout check now also verifies if the font color is compatible with what's defined in the layout.
Sharepoint: we are now able to log into Sharepoint using a single-tenant application and to push autoupdates through Sharepoint folders.
PPT Library: migrating from previous versions could cause undesirable behaviors in some specific cases. Publishing connectors could fail in some cases.
Slide Check: Misaligned Shapes warning correction could fail in a very specific case.
Word Templates: template preview could be empty in some cases.
Others: dialog boxes could not be properly maximized across multiple screens with different resolutions.
V184.108.40.206 - 07/11/2019
- Ability to insert library slides into a new presentation directly
- New partial finalize feature
- Template Wizard: Tombstones, a few UI improvements, ability to set up static lists fields
- Ability to support Sharepoint on Premises libraries
- Ability to set a custom tab name
- (Un)hide text export could fail in some specific cases
- Outdated slides warning wasn't shown if presentation's first slide had been deleted
- Excel Link update failed when Upslide was deactivated on Excel
- Saving a PrintVersion to a OneDrive synched folder could fail
- Smart Track Precedents was missing in the Shortcuts tab in Settings dialog
- Library items with numerical names were wrongly ordered in the preview
V6.5.4 - 11/10/2019
- a new type of library item called Dynamic Template is now supported. It allows users to easily generate presentations using library slides and external data sources (i.e. through APIs).
- 2 new warning types (font difference with layout and shape compliance with theme) have been added to the slide check.
- slide check pane was improved for better navigation.
- improved library synchronisation for better performance when hosted on sharepoint.
- improved support of very specific cases for easier library migrations.
- partial customization exports who are no longer relevant were removed to prevent issues with customization versioning.
V220.127.116.11 - 19/09/2019
- Improved performances for the dynamic template system.
- iManage integration now works with custom echo and portable.
- Library publish: fixed a bug where some shapes with connectors could not be published in the library.
V6.5.3 - 6/09/2019
- Beta version of our PowerPoint dynamic template system
- Waterfall generation could fail when data format was date or currency
- Formatting was sometimes lost when publishing in the library
V6.5 - 15/08/2019
- Libraries can now be stored and fully synchronized on SharePoint.
- Tombstones can be synchronized from SharePoint.
- Export appearance is now a per link option. Meaning that when updating a link the option used for exporting is also used.
- Autoupdate and statistics collection now supports authenticated proxies
V6.4 - 24/04/2019
- Complete redesign of UpSlide ribbon: new icons, a new layout to simplify onboarding
- Native Office buttons are now available in UpSlide!
- Complete redesign of the Send feature in PowerPoint to simplify the UX.
- Save feature in PowerPoint is replaced by Finalize. Designed to make a presentation ready for Sharing, this feature makes a copy of the current presentation and applies of a series of operations on the presentation. As of V6.4, possible operations are: updating the table of content, breaking Excel links (in particular to hide the hyperlinks materializing text exports), hiding cross-references (for the same reason), and saving as pdf. New options will be added in the coming month.
- Operations in Excel can now be applied either to all numeric cells (formula, links and constants alike) or only to numeric constants.
- Operations in Excel now supports undo (Ctrl+Z)
- Library system now has a default library option. This content is used as long as the location of the library has not been set. Very useful for deployment for multiple teams, where some of the teams have not yet set up their libraries.
- Force compatibility mode on install for Word, PowerPoint and Excel when using multiple displays: to avoid issues with task panes.
V6.3.1 - 19/02/2019
- Redesign of the settings window. We reorganized the settings window and made it compatible with a Surface connected to a secondary monitor.
- Add more chart customization. Label style and position can be customized on the waterfall chart.
- Improved library filters. All the library folders and files can now be filtered by type of content.
V18.104.22.168 - 29/01/2019
- Undo in Excel for 'Resize & Export'
- Fixed a bug where Office could take a dozen seconds or more before closing, or appear to close when it wasn't really closed yet
- 'Resize & Export' of a range doesn't cause the cells indent to be lost anymore
- Fixed the '--silent' command line option in Azure Sync (see here)
V6.3 - 21/12/2018
- Redesign of the Word library. New content is automatically synchronized with all the team. The Word library now supports shapes, in addition of text and documents.
- Synchronisation of shape files in the 3 Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). For example, a shape published from PowerPoint is accessible on Excel and Word too.
- Multi-admin tombstone system. A new tombstone system allows several admins to manage different tombstone databases. The admins can choose which team have access to the databases.
V6.2.1 - 06/11/2018
The new version includes an onboarding for new users and some minor bug fixes.
- Welcome window
- Redesign of the activation window
- Tip windows that highlight the main features of UpSlide
- Setup prerequisites
V6.2 - 25/09/2018
- Evolution of library navigation in PowerPoint
- The brand new Library system in Excel. Multiple content sources, simplified administration, simplified permission system, full-text search... You name it!
- New user onboarding in PowerPoint
- Usage Statistics metadata can now be retrieved. Sample usage: see which items in the library were most inserted
- The library is now compatible with Google Drive
- Link update in Word could still fail when 'track changes' was active
V6.1.1 - 26/06/2018
- Rename folder in PowerPoint library
- Evolution of library UI
- Waterfall label positions and format can now be customized to depend on the sign of the effect.
- Ignore accentuation in PowerPoint library search
- UpSlide link system is now robust to a parallel install of multiple office versions (TypeLib issue)
- Fix multiple usage statistics bug
- Reduce the occurrence of DPI issues with UpSlide link
V6.1 - 06/06/2018
- Major improvement to library ergonomy
- All team settings can now be centrally managed and updated (library location, export options, support address...)
- Waterfall charts source worksheet is now hidden instead of very hidden
- All communications between UpSlide and our servers are now in https and encrypted with an AES 256 algorithm
- Library status is now directly accessible in the settings form
- An additional option for UpSlide link: by default, an export is made using the "As displayed" option in Excel. It is now possible to use the "As printed" options (useful when using multiple monitors and scaling).
- New admin action in the library: create a new folder
- UpSlide link can now function with the track changes option on in Word
- Slide check: Library content is now updated automatically before running the slide check.
- Marimekko: fix a memory issue.
V6.0 - 23/03/2018
- Each user can now choose not to send usage statistics
- Brand new Library system. Multiple content sources, simplified administration, simplified permission system, full-text search... You name it!
V22.214.171.124 - 26/01/2018
- UpSlide is now compatible Google Drive File Stream
- When looking for UpSlide updates, the local repository is preferred over UpSlide servers
V5.2.2 - 12/01/2018
- Beta version of UpSlide new library system
- New install switch to allow install while Office processes are running
V5.2.1 - 12/12/2018
- Slide check: new check to detect highlighted text
- Stacked waterfall had some rounding issue
- Autoupdate feature compatible with the latest version of Office 2016
- Quotes are accepted in email addresses
V5.2 - 10/10/2017
- 14 days grace period automatically granted when the licence ends
- Tombstone module: new deals can now be added using a PowerPoint file
- UpSlide is now compatible with a single user install on a windows server
- Waterfall: it is now possible to change source
- Excel to PowerPoint/Word link: when files are stored in IManage, UpSlide displays the document name version and ID
- Deployment: the local content (tombstone database and local cache for the libraries), stored by default in the user profile can now be redirected using the applicationsettings.xml file
- PowerPoint: new template button failed to activate the backstage view on certain configurations
- Excel, PowerPoint/Word link: when the scaling of the primary monitor changes (in windows 8 and windows 10), the enhanced metafile format is no longer usable. This behavior can be bypassed in certain particular configurations (ex: office 2016 on windows 10) but for others, UpSlide falls back to bmp format until the next restart
- Excel, PowerPoint link: increased performance when exporting into native PowerPoint tables
- PowerPoint: when refreshing table of content, the content inserted in the footers is trimmed to avoid new lines and spaces
- All applications: shortcuts are now active right after activation
V5.1.6 - 01/08/2017
- Automatically try to retrieve the "Active Directory" Windows user mail and use it to activate UpSlide at first launch
- Support.exe "v1": This small support tool can detect and fix various technical issues impacting your system and UpSlide install
- PowerPoint: When no Upslide template is set as default, the New Presentation shortcut will choose the first template in the list instead of opening a blank presentation
V5.1.5 - 19/07/2017
- PowerPoint: Template list is now directly available from the file/new button
- PowerPoint: the default UpSlide template is now used as a default PowerPoint document
- Modeling module: new feature to insert a table of content listing all visible worksheets and providing a hyperlink to each
- Performance optimization for large tombstone database
- Fixed and improved Smart track keyboard navigation
V5.1.4 - 07/06/2017
- Customizations can now be exchanged via a SharePoint site
- Autoupdate: UpSlide can now update automatically from a network folder or a web API
- Slide check: largely reduced the number of false positives in shape alignment warnings
- Word library: compatibility with protected documents
- Tombstones: less click needed to arrange shapes in default use case
- Multiple bug fixes/optimizations of the UpSlide link system
V5.1.2 - 20/03/2017
- Slide check: sort warnings by type
- Slide check: new user interface
- PowerPoint shape style: new deletion window with additional features
- Improved previews in the Word library for inline shapes
- Large improvement of the table of contents refresh speed
V5.1.1 - 20/02/2017
- Notifications when new UpSlide customization is ready to be installed
- Improved slide conversion results when the slide size changes
- Slide conversion now impacts shape fonts
- Slide conversion now compatible with the latest PowerPoint 2016 version
V5.1 - 27/01/2017
- Brand new user interface for the slide converter. This feature is now accessible to all users.
- Publish, Facing pages and Find the source features are now compatible with files saved on SharePoint.
V126.96.36.199 - 12/02/2017
- Alignment issues were fixed in the Insert/Edit window from the Tombstone module.
- Fix text export in PowerPoint tables (2010 and 2013).
- Fix crash issues in PowerPoint 2010.
V5.0.2 - 05/12/2016
- UpSlide installer can also deploy a Windows Service that can prevent UpSlide from being deactivated. To deploy it, simply add "DeployReactivationService=1" to the command line.
V5.0.1 - 02/12/2016
- UpSlide language can now be changed directly through the Settings menu.
- Export options can now be changed directly through the Settings menu.
- New option for UpSlide link: you can now force specific formatting for the exported images. For example, you can force all fonts in grey in PowerPoint/Word while retaining a custom formatting in Excel.
- Tombstone module: database can now be imported/Exported from/to an Excel file.
V5.0 - 16/11/2016
- Slide check: review your presentation to ensure compliance of your content and the quality of your design. First checks included: double spaces, misaligned shapes, empty placeholders (ex: XXXX), punctuation spacings (ex: space before: in English) and compliance check for library content (warns you for every item inserted from the library that has since been updated).
- Outdated items pop-up: when you open a presentation that contains outdated library elements, you receive a message urging you to run the slide check.
- Major improvements to slide converter in the presence of old presentations created with Office 2003.
- Slide lib can now be accessed from any presentation.
- Default shortcuts can now be deployed along with UpSlide.
- Arrange pane: new design, new options for margins and the possibility to split your shapes on several slides!
- Tombstone: many small improvements and a new design.
- Shape library: you can now insert shapes in several slides in a single click.
New admin features
- New Template file to customize Excel styles.
- Introduction of the “Shape Styles” feature in PowerPoint, to store, manage and apply your appearance preferences to any shape.
- The "Number to Words" feature in Word lets you select the desired language and currency in which your numbers are expressed.
- The "Tombstones" feature now keeps track of creation and modification dates of every Tombstone in the database.
- Small UI adjustments have been made to the "Tombstones" feature as well.
- The customization shared folder path supports windows environment variables such as %userprofile%.
New admin features
- Introduction of the “Slide Converter” in PowerPoint. This feature allows administrators to convert slides from one slide master to another while automatically adapting its layout to the destination presentation.
- Introduction of the “Shape Styles” feature in PowerPoint, as an administrator, you will manage the Team Styles which you will be able to share with your workgroup.
- Fix Multiple issues with libraries and task panes.
- Fix "Undo" issue in Excel.
- Fix Thumbnail generation has been improved.
- Introduction of the “Tombstones” feature in PowerPoint, to manage your tombstone database, with facilitated search and filtering options, and insertion in presentations.
- The “Go-To Source” feature now directly focuses on the source.
- The “Go-To Source” feature now handles conflicts and hidden sheet.
- The titles of Waterfall and Marimekko charts are now linked to the title cell.
- The “Number to Words” feature now allows you to choose the currency.
New admin features
- Some UpSlide features can be called directly from VBA macros.
- Fixed multiple issues with libraries and task panes.
- Fixed some issues that occurred when the Windows file explorer preview pane is on.
- in PowerPoint, some links were not properly restored after disabling “hide text exports”.
- in Excel, you can export text to a table cell in Word.
- Ssolved conflicts in the “Update All” window are now properly displayed as such.
- A new "Display Source" button for faster access to the available data sources.
- A major upgrade of UpSlide link system to avoid creating conflicts when duplicating charts or worksheets.
- Introduction of the compliance checks feature in PowerPoint.
- Additional command-line option for UpSlide setup: KeepExistingConfig (to allow an update of UpSlide without modifying an already installed customization).
- The first version of our Magic master converter button.
- Smart track can now be un-docked to preserve screen real estate.
- The "Update All" feature can now update several presentations simultaneously.
- UpSlide link now works on shared workbooks.
- Publish and mail features now preserve default signature in Outlook.
- Multiple fixes in the publish feature (default location was not always stored properly, attachment could not be saved using the presentation name...).
- A new version of the customization exchange system (download in the background using BITS).
- As an administrator, when exporting, UpSlide can detect changes inside each of the libraries.
- Every missing customization is now installed simultaneously (while only the most recent was installed in the past).
- Insert section though the Outline pane also updates the table of content.
- Fix: Marimekko's now support columns smaller than 1% of the total width.
- Fix: UpSlide undo could cause the file size to grow.
- Fix: conflict with DropBox caused Table of Content to crash.
- Fix: Waterfall could fail to detect the position of intermediary results when too many effects were null.
- Fix: UpSlide could crash PowerPoint or Word when editing embedded workbooks.
- Fix: Publish feature in PowerPoint could fail if "remove duplicate dividers was checked".
- Publish feature in PowerPoint: selected slides can now be sent or saved in one click and undergo a series of operations necessary before publishing: remove duplicate dividers, hide text exports or mark presentation as final.
- In PowerPoint, you can now have items at the root level of your Slide Library (if your customization allows it)
- Basic support of 3D references in SmartTrack Precedents (Excel)
- Fix: in PowerPoint, when creating a new presentation from a template, the Home pane is now activated.
- Fix: in the Outline Pane in PowerPoint, renaming now preselects the whole text, and the shortcut (F2) is disabled on the presentation and title slides.
- Fix various small bugs of the PowerPoint Slide Library (some issues with drag & drop, context menus, regeneration of the library when corrupted).
- Fix proper error message when trying to export/update an Excel chart if that chart is a member of a grouped shape.
We are officially releasing UpSlide One, a version designed for individuals and very small teams, along with a new logo.
- UpSlide now supports Windows 10.
- The Arrange Form has been replaced by the more user-friendly Arrange Pane.
- Lock Aspect Ratio option for the Smart Painter in PowerPoint.
- Removed the useless first level folder of the Slide Library for some users.
New features for modeling module
- New button to calculate and insert the CAGR of a range of cells.
New admin features
- Recursively insert all the slides in a Slide Library folder.
New deployment features
- Option to disable pop-ups signalling new customization.
- Option to force the use of a specific mail client.
- Fix: refreshing the TOC or adding a new section doesn't require to restart PowerPoint to be able to click the hyperlinks in Slide Show mode.
- Fix: forms always open in the current display if you are using more than one.
- Fix: selecting part of the name of an item you are renaming in the outline pane doesn't crash.
UpSlide no longer supports Microsoft XP.
The necessary version of the .NET framework is now 4.5 Full.
- UpSlide is now signed with a SHA256 certificate deployed alongside the software.
- Delete all UpSlide link: new feature to prevent any update for data imported from Excel.
- Shortcuts can now be deactivated instead of simply unassigned.
- Navigation pane opens automatically when inserting sub-sections.
- Find the source form now closes automatically after Update.
New features for modeling module
- Fine-tuning of the Smart track feature: handling of dynamic names and merge cells, F5 to refresh after cell edition, performance optimization...
- Fix: find the source could fail to display potential sources if some of the Excel windows were minimized.
- Fix: drag and drop in libraries could be troublesome to initiate.
- Fix: export in Word as text now preserves newlines and bullet points.
- Fix: support for Office 2016 shared mode during export and update.
- Fix: facing page module could fail if the source presentation was saved on a network drive.
- Fix: thumbnail size in the libraries was dependent upon resolution and Windows zoom level.
- CAGR: compound annual growth rate can be directly inserted in Excel charts!
- UpSlide is now compatible with Office 2016
- Office chart templates can be deployed along with UpSlide
- Simplified support with a log window directly accessible from UpSlide
- Word buttons are organized more efficiently
New features for modeling module
- IfError: to wrap all the selected formulas in an iferror function
- Autocolor can now detect direct plugs in formulas (ex: "=A1*A2+3" is detected as a plug)
- Simplified support with a log window directly accessible
- A entirely new take on our Smart Track feature: new interface, new inner workings and vastly improved scope and performances.
- Removed UpSlide charts sensitivity to Excel default template
- Mail features: date in the attachment name is now formatted using the system default format
- Clean feature now supports files stored on SharePoint
- Simplified UpSlide activation procedure.
- Improved Keyboard navigation for UpSlide Smart Track feature.
- Task panes in Ppt: libraries and outline panes are now totally immune to multi-window cancel close in PowerPoint 2010 and 2013.
- Many UI fixes when using UpSlide on a Microsoft Surface Pro.
- Suppressed screen flickering associated with the previews in the library.
- The customization exchange system is now more robust to read/write access issues.
- Increase speed for the Smart Check (a few minutes for 300 pages long documents).
- A report of action carried out during the cleaning of a Workbook.
- Arrange: the recommended container was wrong if one of the selected shapes could contain all the others.
- New diagnostic module for UpSlide: it can automatically re-activate the Add-In in case of unwanted de-activation (no need to go through the 2 step Options\Addins\Disabled items process: https://upslide.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201918858-UpSlide-menu-has-disappeared-how-do-I-get-it-back-).
- Word smart check: a new pane to analyze your document and list potential typos and inconsistencies.
- Waterfall and Marimekko: title can now be automatically inserted.
- New icons.
- Text Export in PowerPoint: the content of Excel cells can now be directly linked to text in PowerPoint (extends the existing export as image feature).
- Clean Excel files: removes unused cell styles, broken link, broken names and reduces the size of workbooks.
- Prepare Excel files. Apply of series of operations before sharing a workbook: select A1 cell removes comments, optimize size, replace formulas by their value...
- Undo formatting in Excel: table formatting operations by UpSlide can now be undone though the native Excel undo mechanism (Ctrl+Z or undo button).
- Update success message can now be disabled.
- Fixed number formatting issues in Waterfall and Marimekko charts.
- Improved encryption for the communication between UpSlide server and UpSlide client.
- Prerequisites: VSTO runtime 10.0.31129 is now sufficient to install UpSlide.
- Libraries, item name can now be up to 50 characters long.
- Word: new button to convert number to words
- Word (starting in 2010): all UpSlide features compatible with Word native undo (Ctrl+Z)
- PowerPoint (starting in 2010): all UpSlide features compatible with PowerPoint native undo (Ctrl+Z)
- Word: the content of Excel cells can now be directly linked to text in Word (extends the existing export as image feature)
- Keyboard navigation optimized in panes and dialog boxes (part 1).
- Shortcut to rename items in libraries (F2 to start, enter to validate, Esc to cancel).
- Tooltips in UpSlide ribbon display current shortcut keys and not default ones.
- More flexibility to customize horizontal and vertical spacing on the table of contents.
- Possibility to open all Excel source files when doing an update all in PowerPoint or Word.
- Improved navigation between potential Excel sources using the find the source form in PowerPoint and Word.
- Two new design features in PowerPoint spread height and spread width, to copy the dimensions of a shape.
- Word library can now contain entire document templates.
- Insertion of non-inline shapes from the library in Word 2010.
- Unnumbered sections in PowerPoint table of content
- Specific numbering for Appendix in PowerPoint table of content
- Automatic yearly license renewal.
- Simplified process to activate UpSlide.
- Administrators can deactivate UpSlide for users leaving their team.
- New button to update the axis scale of all the Waterfall charts.
- Merging module for UpSlide customization. Admin can now export only a part of each library. Greatly simplifies collaboration between administrators.
- The installer now supports click to run installations of Office 2013.
- An additional option for the Table of Content: do not display slides with no title.
- Unique setup file to handle all user and single-user install.
- New custom UpSlide chart: stacked waterfall.
- A new feature for the update all form: possibility to pre-load the sources without actually updating.
- Compatibility with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop (V >= 6).
- Fix of clipboard issues responsible for random bugs when using export, libraries or table of content.
- Faster smart track and auto color.
- Shape and slide library can no longer be displayed at the same time to limit memory usage.
- Licenses are no longer bound to a single machine but to the OS user. Single Licence code is now valid for all computers as long as user and domain are the same.
- UpSlide usage statistics can now be sent every week to our central server. You can get information about who is using UpSlide and which feature is mostly used. The communication with our server is optional and can easily be turned down.
- Smart Track pane to navigate very easily between the precedent and dependents of a formula (all can be done with keyboard only)
- Autocolor: UpSlide can automatically color cells depending on their content (constant, formula, link...).
- Report Generator now allows retrieving data from PowerPoint to update the source Excel file
- Facing pages module to print part of a presentation in two-sided mode. In edition mode, the user can mark slide as facing pages. He can then generate a print version of his presentation where blank pages will be inserted in the right places to allow two-side printing (useful to display charts or table to complement information found on the page facing it when printed).
- Delete duplicate reminder option. If subsections have dividers when the print version is generated, the section dividers immediately followed by a subsection divider are deleted
- New looks for the libraries
- Find the source now accessible through right-click (Office 2010 or greater needed)
- Mail sheets now accessible though right-click (Office 2010 or greater needed)
- Libraries can now be used entirely with keyboard shortcuts (arrows, Tab, Enter, Ctrl + F....)
- New TOC option: inserting text before section numbers in dividers (ex: sec 1.)
- Table sorter in PowerPoint (sorts alphabetically the contents of a table in PowerPoint)
- Server licenses can now be purchased to activate UpSlide for all the users of a computer
- Search field in Word, Excel and PowerPoint libraries
- Detail view for each element of the libraries (to detail contents, date of last update, description...)
- Possibility to add tags to library items. Very useful to speed and leverage the search feature
- Smart Painter now also copies adjustments (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff744037(v=office.15).aspx)
- Partial Export/Import of customizations. Allows to :
- Diminish the size of customization files
- Several administrators can work simultaneously on various part of the customization
- Possibility to back up and restore only a part of the customization
- Automatic Update of the table of content options for existing presentation when the administrator releases a new customization
- Compatibility with the track changes mode in PowerPoint
- Compatibility with the final mode of PowerPoint
- Paths of more than 218 characters in Excel library are now supported