This article will guide you through a series of tests to ensure that UpSlide is appropriately installed and configured.
The first step is to activate UpSlide:
- if you're in IT, please check the Activation section of this article
- if you're a user and do not have a license yet, please follow this article
Once UpSlide is ready, please perform all of the tests below.
- Open the Template menu and check that templates are available
- Select one, and in the new document, check that the Table of Contents works as expected:
- Insert a section.
- Insert a subsection if applicable.
- Use the Refresh button to update the Table of Contents.
- Check that the footers are correctly displayed:
- Fill all placeholders in the slide title.
- Refresh the Table of Contents using the Refresh button. The footer should be visible in all content slides of the presentation.
Open an Excel and a PPT document.
- Select a cell/table/graph in Excel and use the PowerPoint button to export it to PPT. For each Link created, check that an image is created in PowerPoint (or a hyperlink if you selected a cell).
- Save both documents.
- Edit the exported content in Excel, select it in PowerPoint and click the Update button.
- Save both documents.
Update links created with a previous UpSlide version
Please test this part only if you were already using UpSlide and got a new version.
- Make a copy of your Excel and PowerPoint files that contain the links
- Open the two copied files
- In PPT, click the Update All button
- In the Imports window, select all the links and click Update
- Check that the update completed and that the appearance of all links is fine
- In PPT, click the Library button to open the Library pane and check that the expected content is displayed.
- Try inserting an element into your presentation (double click on it or right-click and select insert).
- If you're inserting a shape, check that it is inserted in the correct location.
As an UpSlide administrator, you can manage the Library and perform the following actions:
- Create a new test folder in the Library.
- Publish a slide and a shape in this new folder.
- Try to rename/replace/delete elements in the Library.
- Delete a folder
If you're in IT
- Start Excel, Word, or PowerPoint. UpSlide should ask for your email. If your email address is refused, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a temporary license.
- Once activated, open Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to check if the add-in is correctly loaded and visible.
If you're a user or an admin
- Please check this article where you will find all information.