You will find in this article the tests that should be performed to make sure UpSlide is properly installed and configured.
The first step would be to Activate UpSlide:
- if you're in IT, please check the Activation part of this article
- if you're a user and do not have a licence yet, please follow this article
Once UpSlide is ready, please perform all the tests below.
- Open the Template menu and check that templates are available
- For one of these, check that the Table of Contents works as expected:
- Insert a section
- Insert sub-section if any
- Use the Refresh button to update the Table of Contents
- Check that the footers are displayed properly :
- Fill all placeholders in the Slide title.
- Refresh the table of contents => the footer should be visible in all the content slides of the presentation.
2. Excel Link to PowerPoint and Word
Open an Excel and a PPT document.
- Select a cell/table/graph in Excel and use the PowerPoint button to export it to PPT. Check that for each of these source content. An image is created in PowerPoint (or an hyperlink if a cell was selected)
- Save both documents.
- Edit the exported content in Excel, select it in PowerPoint and click the Update button
- Save both documents
Update links created with a previous UpSlide version
Please test this part only if you were already using UpSlide and got a new version.
- Make a copy of your Excel and PowerPoint files which contains the links
- Open the 2 copied files
- In PPT, use the Update All button
- In the Imports window, select all the links and click Update
- Check that update completes and that the appearance of all links is fine
- In PPT, click the Library button to open Library pane and check that expected content is displayed
- Try inserting an element to your presentation (double click on it or right-click + insert)
- If you're inserting a Shape, check that it's inserted in the correct location
4. Library Management (only needed if your library will be administrated by someone in your team)
The Library is synchronized in real-time for all users. Make sure you delete your test files after usage.
As an UpSlide administrator you can manage the Library and perform the following actions:
- Create a new test folder in the Library
- Publish a slide and a shape in this new folder
- Try to rename / replace / delete elements in the Library
- Delete a folder
5. Activation process
If you're in IT
- Start Excel, Word or PowerPoint. Upslide should ask for your email. If your email address is refused, please contact email@example.com to get a temporary license.
- Once activated, open Excel, PowerPoint and Word to check if the add-in is correctly loaded and visible.
If you're a user or an admin
- Please check this article where you will find all information.