This guide explains how to deploy UpSlide software using Microsoft Intune MDM.
Create an Intunewin app
You can deploy your own customized Win32 apps via Microsoft Intune using the Intune-Win32-App-Packaging-Tool. You can find the tool here.
Then, create 2 folders, IntuneApps where you can find the .exe you want to deploy, and Intunewin, where the tool will stock the .intunewin file.
Then launch the tool and fill the information on screen using your specific names of files and locations. Example:
The .intunewin file will be generated. This process can take up to 5 Minutes.
Using the same Win32-App-Packaging tool, you'll need to package both pre-requisites:
Then on the Intune Portal, create two new Win32 Apps as follows:
Dependencies are now ready. The last part will consist of packaging UpSlide.
Next, go back to Intune Portal and create a new Win32 Application. Put the UpSlide .intunewin file that was previously generated.
You can save the logo above and add it, so your software centre is clearer for your users. Then go to Program Tab to set your installation command line.
Next, go to the Detection Rules tab to set two detection rules as follows:
Rule 1 to detect the installation:
- Rules format: Manually configure detection rules.
- Rule type: File
- Path: C:\ProgramData\UpSlide\Binaries\
- File: Finance3point1.UpSlide.Engine.dll
- Detection method: File or folder exists
Rule 2 to detect the setup installation version (necessary when you will package a new setup version):
- Add a new rule in the same menu
- Rule type: Registry
- Key Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Finance3point1.UpSlide.Excel
- Value name: SetupVersion
- Detection method: Version comparison
- Operator: Equals
- Value: Your targeted version (it will be in your exe file name furnished by your consultant)
Next, go to the Dependencies tab, and select the pre-requisites apps packaged earlier:
That's it! Finish the package creation and assign the app to your users.