Using Azure AD provisioning you can automatically grant an UpSlide license to all members of the Azure AD group you choose.
- Save time: Automate provisioning and deprovisoning of UpSlide licenses. Any changes in your AD (new joiners, leavers) are instantly attributed a license.
- Include UpSlide license management in your existing processes: Use your existing AD groups to manage access to UpSlide.
- An Azure AD Tenant
- Have Global Administrator rights for the Active Directory
How does it work?
The Azure AD provisioning service uses the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) protocol for automatic provisioning. The SCIM specification provides a standard to help users move into, out of, and around apps. SCIM is becoming the de facto standard for provisioning and provides administrators with an end-to-end solution for access management.
UpSlide uses the SCIM protocol to synchronise your Azure AD data (identity information) with our License administration platform. That means UpSlide will always have the latest user information from your directory.
Once you have set up the provisioning, Azure AD will start a synchronisation task every 40 minutes. If you have added an employee to your Active Directory, this task will automatically create their UpSlide license in our License Platform.
How to set it up
Please follow our step by step guide.
How to use it
Add users and groups
At this point you should have created a provisioning Application.
- In the Enterprise App home page, select Users & Groups.
- You should add all users and groups that you want to synchronise with our licensing platform.
- Every 40 minutes Azure will launch the Provisioning synchronisation. You can also force the synchronisation using the "Restart provisioning" option.