Power BI is great for displaying live data but it's hard to add a written commentary. Our link is designed to allow you to use Power BI visuals within PowerPoint (perhaps with other sources too) so you retain the storytelling flexibility of PowerPoint.
Before you use our link please follow some prerequisite steps:
Creating your link
- Publish your Power BI report online in your Workspace
- In PowerPoint choose the slide and placeholder where you want to add your visual
- Click the Import Power BI Visuals button
- The Power BI panel will open. Now connect to your Office 365 account; the same you use to publish your Power BI report online in your Workspace
- Apply filters on the visuals
- Export by right clicking on each visual then choosing Export to PowerPoint
Do not group visuals in Power BI as the export won’t work.
Link whole page
You can also export the whole page of your report following the same steps above
Now you've created your link if you want to update them follow this page.