You have installed UpSlide on your computer and started an Office application (Excel/PowerPoint/Word). Your next step is to activate your License.
If your email is already set in your user session and if this email has been added to our registered users' database, UpSlide will be activated automatically.
If UpSlide can't be activated automatically you will see this activation window. In order to activate your license, simply enter your e-mail address and click OK. If you have an activation code, you can also use it here.
Not registered error
Your email address was not found in the list of authorized users
Your e-mail address has not yet been entered into our database and you are not recognized as someone authorized by your organization to activate UpSlide.
- You should contact the person in charge of UpSlide licenses in your organization. They will be able to assign an UpSlide license to your e-mail address.
- You can also contact our Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give them the following information: Name and Email of someone from your team using UpSlide.
Failed to contact UpSlide Server
If you are getting this error message it could mean:
- You are not connected to the internet.
- Your IT network security is blocking communications between UpSlide and our server.
If you have an internet connection you can still activate with this manual procedure:
- On the Activation window, click the Request a license code link. Your web browser will open a page on our website.
- Enter your e-mail address (twice for confirmation) and click the Request license button.
- If your e-mail is referenced, you will receive a license code by mail within a few minutes.
- Copy/Paste this code in the text box and click OK to activate UpSlide.
Every year, your license will be renewed automatically, provided that:
- Your e-mail address is still part of the list of authorized users.
- You have purchased UpSlide for another year.
- UpSlide can communicate with our servers
If your network policy allows communication with the UpSlide server, UpSlide will automatically renew your license each year. Every 7 days, UpSlide will check the license's expiration date on our Server. If the check fails (network problem or license is expired), the license will still be valid for 10 days, and during this period, UpSlide will run the check every day. When only 4 days are left, UpSlide will start prompting the user to Renew the license manually (see picture below).
If UpSlide is not able to communicate with our server between when the licenses were renewed and when the license expired, the user will have an expired license. This can happen for example if the user was on holiday.
To rectify this, the affected users need to renew their license manually. This can be done by clicking UpSlide > Settings > About > The update symbol to the right of the Until line.