- What is a slicer?
- Which slicers values can be edited in PowerPoint/Word with UpSlide?
- How to edit my slicers values directly in PowerPoint/Word with UpSlide?
What is a slicer?
Slicers are another way of filtering. They narrow the portion of the dataset that is shown in the other report visualizations. For example a slicer could show you the key outputs (KPIs etc) easily filtered by your relevant categories. For example such as Cities, Months, Client, Brands, Product categories...
For more details on slicer visit this Microsoft article about Power BI slicers
Which slicer types can be edited in PowerPoint/Word with UpSlide?
You can edit Single Value, Multiple Value and Time-interval slicers using UpSlide directly in PowerPoint or Word when you are updating your exported Power BI visuals. An example time this is useful is when you are duplicating your PowerPoint report from one country to another or for one month to another and can update those filters.
How to edit my slicer values directly in PowerPoint/Word with UpSlide?
Once you have imported your visuals from your Power BI report to your PowerPoint presentation or Word document.
- In PowerPoint or Word open the Update Links panel.
- Click on Edit slicer values button.
- Edit your slicer's value by selecting it in the dropdown menu or typing it.
- Select the visuals you want to update.
- Click on the Apply & Update button.
Example changing from one store to another (single value slicer)
Editing time-interval slicer
- In PowerPoint/Word open the Update Links panel
- Click on Edit filters button
- Edit start and end dates manually then click on the tick symbol
- Click on the Apply & Update button