Suppose your footers don't update anymore, or you get an error message saying UpSlide can't update your footers. In that case, you can use the Repair functionality to recreate the link between your cover slide's placeholder and your footers.
The footers are linked to placeholders in your cover slide and can display titles, subtitles or a date. If the cover slide is deleted, the link will be broken even if you add it back afterwards. You need to relink the footer to the correct placeholders.
To repair your footer, first, make sure there is a cover slide in your presentation. Then, you can either:
- Click Repair as the error message appears when refreshing the Table of Contents.
- Click Options in the Tables of Contents section of the UpSlide ribbon and go to the Footers tab.
To repair your footer, identify the one displaying the error message, either Footer or Date and:
- Click Link to shape.
- Select the shape to link in your cover slide and click Link.
- Remove the previous link information and close the panel.
- Refresh your presentation.
If your footer contains information about several fields, you'll have to repeat steps 1 and 2 for each field. You can also separate the two fields with punctuation in the Footer text box. For example:
- <%Title%> - <%Date%>
- <%Title%> | <%Subtitle%>