Styles in PowerPoint allows a user to easily format text and embedded tables into formats in one click. As an administrator you can deploy standardized Styles to your whole team.
Creating a shape style
Styles allow you to easily apply the shape fill and outline and text font, color and size. To initially create a Shape style:
- Create a text box or shape with the formatting you want to replicate
- Go to the Shape button on the UpSlide toolbar
- Select Add Shape Style (if you have none yet you will not see any previews)
- A popup will appear where you enter your name
Creating a table style
- Create the table in PPT (three columns and four rows minimum)
- Apply the borders, text fills and sizes as normal
- Select the table
- Go to the Table Styles button
- Select Add (if you have none yet you will not see any previews)
- A popup will appear where you enter the name
To use this Table Style when you have a table selected in PPT and go to the Table Styles button you will be able to click the preview to apply that format.
Deleting either a table or shape style
- Go to the Shape or Table button on the UpSlide toolbar
- Select Delete Styles (if you have none yet you will not see any previews)
- Select those you want to remove and press Delete
Exporting your changes to your users
The changes are now active on your machine only. Test the changes you have made before sharing the update with your team. Follow the instructions on this page to export the .UpSlide file so everyone has the updated templates.
Made a mistake and want to revert back?
- If you have never made or exported changes before, ask your IT department to reinstall UpSlide on your machine and you will get back your originally provided templates.
- If you have previously made and exported changes since you last had UpSlide installed you can manually (re)install a .UpSlide to go back to the last set of changes you made.