On some machines the Power BI to PPT update pane is blank or completely frozen - no action is possible. Resizing the pane will sometimes unfreeze it to allow one (and only one) action before being frozen again.
With the Intel processor Iris Xe Graphics, UI elements don't refresh after they are initially rendered on applications that leverage Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) when hardware acceleration is active.
You can find more information on the Intel Support site.
To fix this you need to deactivate hardware acceleration in the Windows registry:
- In the Windows search bar, type Regedit and open the Registry Editor
- In the top search bar type HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\ and Enter
- In the right part, right-click and create a new DWORD (32-bit) value with the name DisableHWAcceleration
- Right-click on it, modify and set the value to 1
- Close and restart PowerPoint