Using Azure AD provisioning you can automatically grant a license to all members of an Azure AD group. This means the same group you create to control internal UpSlide access for the installer and content location also grants license rights.
- Save time: Automate provisioning and deprovisoning of UpSlide licenses. Any changes in your AD is instantly reflected on your users in license attribution and removal.
- Include UpSlide license management in your existing processes: Use your existing AD groups to manage access to UpSlide.
- An Azure AD Tenant
- Have Global Administrator rights for the Active Directory
How does it work?
The Azure AD provisioning service uses the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) protocol for automatic provisioning. The SCIM specification provides a standard to help users move into, out of, and around apps. SCIM is becoming the de facto standard for provisioning and provides administrators with an end-to-end solution for access management.
UpSlide uses the SCIM protocol to synchronise your Azure AD data (identity information) with our license management platform. That means UpSlide will always have the latest user information from your directory.
Once you have set up the provisioning, Azure AD will start a synchronisation task every 40 minutes. If you have added an employee to your Active Directory, this task will automatically create their UpSlide license in our License Platform.
An option is to enable automatic purchase, so if you add more users to the group, then the license pool will automatically expand to allow those users to activate UpSlide. An invoice is sent at the end of every calendar quarter with the cost pro-rated by the number of days to the next renewal date in your contract.
If every user has an option, the option will be automatically purchased too. If the account has 3,000 user licenses and only 60 admin licenses, no admin option will be added unless the license manager buys an admin license and then assigns it to an individual.
How to set it up?
Please follow our step by step guide.
How to use it?
Add users and groups
At this point, you should have created a provisioning Application.
- On the Enterprise App home page, select Users & Groups.
- Add all users and groups you want to synchronise with our licensing platform.
Start the provisioning
- On the Enterprise App home page, open the Provisioning tab.
- Click on the Start provisioning button.
- Every 40 minutes Azure will launch the Provisioning synchronisation.
- You can also force the synchronisation using the "Restart provisioning" option.