The build 13328.20292 released on 10/27/2020 by Microsoft has a bug which interferes with our Excel Link for charts.
If you try to export a new chart from Excel it will create the chart image in PPT/Word successfully. However, it won't save the link information in Excel. This means you won't be able to update the export in PPT/Word and will get the below error:
If you have previously created chart links using older versions of MS Office they will update successfully with some limitations (go to source link won't be updated, conflicts management won't be possible).
Impacted Office versions
To check the update channel you are currently on, from Excel, click on File -> Account, and check the About Excel part.
- Either update UpSlide to its latest version (note that if automatic update are allowed for your organization, this will be done automatically).
- Or downgrade Office (see below).
Determine the version you need to rollback to
The table below lists the version you need to roll back to depending on your Office update channel.
|Office Canal||Semi-Annual Enterprise||Semi-Annual (Preview)||Monthly Enterprise||Current Channel||Insider (Beta)|
|Rollback to version||16.0.12527.21236||16.0.13127.20638||16.0.13127.20638||16.0.13231.20418||16.0.13279.20004|
- Open the windows menu and open a command-line prompt (see picture below)
- Copy-paste the following command line to downgrade your Office version (make sure to replace the underlined build number accordingly to the previous table)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13231.20418
- Check that office has been effectively rollbacked by going again into File -> Account