Using tags on items within the library can help categorize content to allow your users to quickly filter to what they need to insert.
Examples of tags
Sales and Marketing
Easily categorise material that adds an additional dimension beyond folder structure and file names. If the library folder structure is split by geography or industry you can add other categories. E.g. adding specific sectors you target or your key differentiators to help pull a pitch together at short notice.
In a library split by sub-teams for 1,000+ users service lines have often their own marketing support and best practice is not easily centralized. Each Marketing administrator knows the best items in their area and could add a specific tag. Imagine if an end user in Dept 1 wants some inspiration and looks at the tag – now they can see what someone in Dept 7 is told to use as the ten best pieces of content without having to look through all 500 general Dept 7 slides. E.g. Best Practice or Key Layouts or Key Company Credentials.
Compliance and Information Security
Monitor the content of the library and ensure their organisation can access correct material within PPT/Word/Excel. Adjust Compliance workflows to periodically review and update items. E.g. Expires December 2021 or Mandatory Disclaimer or Internal Use Only or *name* - owner of this content.
- Open the library pane: in PowerPoint, Excel or Word, go to the UpSlide tab and
- Find the library item you want to add a tag, right-click and select Manage Tags
- Type your required tag and press enter
- Press OK to upload all your tags on that item into the library ready for your users to immediately access
- Find your library item, right-click and select Manage Tags
- Press the X next to all the tags you wish to remove
- Press OK and your changes will be uploaded to the library