- What is a slicer?
- Which slicers values can be edited in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
- How to edit my slicers values directly in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
What is a slicer?
Slicers are another way of filtering. They narrow the portion of the dataset that is shown in the other report visualizations. For example a slicer could show you the key outputs (KPIs etc) easily filtered by your relevant categories. For example such as Cities, Months, Client, Brands, Product categories...
For more details on slicer visit this Microsoft article about Power BI slicers
Which slicers values can be edited in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
UpSlide allows you to edit the value of basic single value slicers directly from PowerPoint. The goal is to enable you to duplicate your PowerPoint report from one country to another or for one month to another in a few clicks.
How to edit my slicers values directly in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
Once you have imported your visuals from your Power BI report to your PowerPoint presentation:
- In PowerPoint open the Update Links panel
- Click on Edit filters button
- Edit the name of your slicer by typing it manually then click on the tick symbol
- Click on the Apply & Update button
Congratulations! Your report is updated with the relevant data.