- What is a slicer?
- Which slicers values can be edited in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
- How to edit my slicers values directly in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
What is a slicer?
Slicers are another way of filtering. They narrow the portion of the dataset that is shown in the other report visualizations. For example a slicer could show you the key outputs (KPIs etc) easily filtered by your relevant categories. For example such as Cities, Months, Client, Brands, Product categories...
For more details on slicer visit this Microsoft article about Power BI slicers
Which slicer types can be edited in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
You can edit Single Value and Multiple Value slicers using UpSlide directly in PowerPoint when you are updating your exported Power BI visuals. An example time this is useful is when you are duplicating your PowerPoint report from one country to another or for one month to another and can update those filters.
How to edit my slicer values directly in PowerPoint with UpSlide?
Once you have imported your visuals from your Power BI report to your PowerPoint presentation
- In PowerPoint open the Update Links panel
- Click on Edit filters button
- Edit the name of your slicer by typing it manually then click on the tick symbol
- Click on the Apply & Update button