What are the current limitations of the link ?
- Import of grouped visuals is not supported. If you export a grouped visual you will get an empty block.
- Export of interaction filters info is not supported. If you removed interaction filters between a slicer and a visual, you won't see the filter in the Update Link panel.
- Name of some date filters might appear as "missing filter name". When there is a date filter in PowerBI, you can choose to use it either as year, month, week or day. We do not get the name of the filter you choose, but we will display it's values in the update panel
Can I change filters on Power BI web report without impacting my visuals in PowerPoint ?
- The filters applied before importing the visuals will always be applied in PowerPoint. You can still play with your dashboards, there is no impact on your PowerPoint.
What happens if I publish a new version of my report ?
Your links will keep working as long as:
- you publish a report that replaces the former one
- you do not delete your visuals
What happens if I use relative date filters such as "last 30 days" before exporting my visual?
Every time you update your visuals in your PowerPoint, you will see data of the last 30 days.
- On the 30th of March, you will see data from March 1st to March 30th.
- On the 30th of April, you will see data from April 1st to April 30th
Can I export a visual if the whole report has not finished loading yet ?
Yes you can. There is no need to wait for the whole report to load to export a visual if it has loaded in the import window already.
A visual I imported is missing in the update panel list. How can I refresh the list?
First, please click on Refresh visual list at the bottom left corner of the update pane. If it is still not in the list, make sure it has been inserted in the document using this add-in. If you (or someone else) inserted a picture of a Power BI visual in the document, our add-in will not be able to detect it.
I get an empty picture when importing a visual. What should I do?
It happens if your visuals have been grouped in Power BI. Ungroup them and try again.
It may also happen because of current limitations with the Power BI filters. Try changing the filter values. UpSlide captures all slicer/filter values to re-render your visual for screenshot. Power BI can fail to restore the filters, then use an empty dataset while rendering the visual e.g. when filtering over aggregated values on a computed column.
I get an error when updating a visual. What should I do?
Please check that the following are true:
- The report containing the visual still exists (its name is displayed next to the visual name in the list). Make sure you have the necessary permissions to access the report.
- You have an internet access. Visuals are updated using an embedded version of your report from https://app.powerbi.com/. Your local files (and local copies of Power BI reports) cannot be used.
- The visual has not been deleted. If someone deleted and re-created the visual, we will not be able to update the image of the previous version.