Power BI is great for displaying live data but it's hard to add a written commentary. Our link is designed to allow you to use Power BI visuals within PowerPoint or Word (perhaps with other sources too) so you retain the storytelling flexibility of PowerPoint and Word.
Before you use our link please follow some prerequisite steps:
Creating your link
- Publish your Power BI report online in your Workspace
- In PowerPoint choose the slide and placeholder where you want to add your visual. In Word place the cursor where you want to add your visual.
- Click the Import Power BI Visuals button
- The Power BI panel will open. Now connect to your Office 365 account; the same you use to publish your Power BI report online in your Workspace
- Apply filters on the visuals
- Export by right clicking on each visual then choosing Export to PowerPoint/Word
Link a whole page
You can also export the whole page of your report following the tutorial above.
Information in the update panel
The Update Links panel in PowerPoint/Word shows you for each visual the:
- Visual title
- Tab title
- Last modification
- Dashboard Title
- Applied filters
N.B. If all your exported visuals are not in the Update links pane, click on the Refresh list button at the bottom of the pane.
Update visuals and pages
- In PowerPoint/Word press Update Links button
- Select the visuals you want to update
- Click on the Update button at the bottom of the pane