Power BI is great for displaying live data but it's hard to add a written commentary. Our link is designed to allow you to use Power BI visuals within PowerPoint (perhaps with other sources too) so you retain the storytelling flexibility of PowerPoint.
Creating your link
- Make sure you have published your Power BI report online in your Workspace
- On your PowerPoint presentation choose the slide and placeholder where you want to add your visual
- In the UpSlide tab, click on the Import Visuals button
- The Power BI panel will open.
- Connect to your Office 365 account: the same you use to publish your Power BI report online on your Workspace
- Apply filters on the visuals
- Export visuals by clicking on the […] button, then Export to PowerPoint
You can import several visuals simultaneously.
See information and filters in the Update panel in PowerPoint
- Visual title
- Tab title
- Last modification
- Dashboard Title
- Applied filters : Date - Store
- If all your exported visuals are not in the Update links pane, click on the Refresh list button at the bottom of the pane
Do not group visuals in Power BI as the export won’t work.
Link whole page
You can also export the whole page of your report following the same steps above
Now you've created your link if you want to update them follow this page.