This procedure will explain, in four steps, how to create a Single Tenant Azure AD application if you do not want to use UpSlide Tenant. This will allow UpSlide to connect only to your Office 365 tenant.
- Create the Azure AD Application
- Customize this application
- Add needed permissions
- Grant consent
- Send the details of your app to UpSlide
Create the Azure AD Application
- Connect to Azure Portal using Tenant Administrator rights and go to Azure Active Directory.
- Go to App Registration and click New Registration.
- Set a name for your Azure AD Application, and make sure that the Supported account type is set to Accounts in this organizational directory only
Customize the Azure AD Application
- On the Azure AD App page, save the Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID (you will need to provide both to us), then click Authentication.
- Set a Redirect URL like below:
- This URL will never be used so it does not need to target a real working URL, but it is needed to set AAD App to Client mode. We will need this information to set up the link on our side.
- Set the default Client type to public client (this allows UpSlide not to have a server running locally to handle the authentication)
Add needed permissions
Go to your Azure AD Application and go to API Permissions, then click Add a permission
Select the following in Power BI Service -> Delegated Permissions:
- Workspace > Workspace.Read.All
- Report > Report.Read.All
- Dashboard > Dasboard.Read.All
- Click Add permissions to validate the selection.
Grant consent for the whole tenant
In the API permission page, click Grant admin consent for ...
This will redirect you to a consent page (you may be prompted to log in). You will find the list of permissions previously added, and you will be able to grant the consent for your organization.
Send the details of your app to UpSlide
Once the app registration is complete, please send us:
- the application client ID
- your subscription (tenant) ID
- the configured reply URL
We will adapt our settings for the Power BI to PowerPoint link to work with your application.