- Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium versions
- At least, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013
- UpSlide v220.127.116.11 or above
This feature won't be available:
- if you are using Power BI Desktop only, and thus do not publish any reports online.
- if you are using PowerBI Report Server (also called On-Premises).
- if you are using PowerBI Governance.
Authorize access to Power BI through UpSlide
UpSlide needs the user's consent for the Power BI to PowerPoint feature to work.
As an organisation admin, you can grant consent to Power BI resources for all users.
Please follow all the steps explained in this article: Power BI Integration - Grant consent to all users
How does it work
UpSlide’s Power BI to PowerPoint feature is powered by a web browser, Chromium, which is embedded into UpSlide thanks to a wrapper called CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework).
Chromium is used within UpSlide to:
- display Power BI reports,
- take screenshots of visuals or report pages,
- display some user interface components to provide a smoother experience.
As a matter of comparison, Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop app also uses CEF for the same purpose.
Chromium is only used to execute trusted content, which are either web assets embedded within UpSlide’s signed binaries or provided by Microsoft Power BI Embedded platform.
If auto-update is deactivated, you will need to ask for a new setup to use this feature.
In order to include CEF binaries in UpSlide’s setup package, we would need to know your PowerPoint’s version (either 32bit or 64bits).