- On April 21st of 2020, UpSlide updated its code signing certificate (necessary to run an Office Add-in). Our first version built with this new certificate is v6.6.0.
- To run UpSlide with this v6.6.0 (and following versions), this new certificate needs to be installed.
- This can be done either by running UpSlide installer or by running the attached script.
- All users with UpSlide below v6.6.0 will need to have this certificate installed for the silent update system to give them the latest version.
Why install a certificate?
If an Office add-in runs with its code signing certificate not listed in the Trusted publisher Store, users will be prompted to install it when using the add-in for the first time.
Even worse, if the setting below is activated, users will get an error message on the first load and UpSlide won't run.
For these reasons, the certificate used to sign UpSlide needs to be installed.
Impact on our auto-update system
As required by all certification authorities, we renewed our 3-year-old certificate on April 21st of 2020.
The first UpSlide version signed with it is V6.6.
How to get the V6.6+
You have two options:
- Either install a v6.6+ setup (it will also install our new certificate).
Note that all future versions will be installed automatically (at least until we renew again in 3 years).
- Or install the new certificate directly using the attached script.
- Unzip the content and run the installcert.bat file with Admin privileges.