- On April 21st of 2020, UpSlide updated its code signing certificate necessary to run an Office add-in. The first version with this new certificate built-in is v6.6.0.
- This new certificate needs to be installed to run UpSlide with versions 6.6.0 and above. This can be done either by running a newer UpSlide installer or running the script attached at the end of this article.
- All users with a version of UpSlide below 6.6.0 will need this certificate installed for auto-update to work.
Previous versions of UpSlide will continue working as they have been generated a valid certificate at the time. Users won't see any impact apart from not receiving updates above v6.6.
Why install a certificate?
If an Office add-in runs with the code signing certificate not listed in the Trusted publisher Store, users will be prompted to install it when using the add-in for the first time.
If the setting below is activated, users will get an error message on the first load and UpSlide won't run.
Impact on our auto-update system
As required by all certification authorities, we renewed our 3-year-old certificate on April 21st of 2020.
The first UpSlide version signed with it is V6.6.
UpSlide's auto-update system needs the certificate to be installed to bring users above v6.5.13.
How to get the V6.6+
You have two options:
- Install a v6.6+ setup which will also install the new certificate. Note that all future versions will be installed automatically until the certificate is renewed again in 2023.
- Install the new certificate directly using the attached script by unzipping the content and running the installcert.bat file with Admin privileges.