UpSlide is installed with its own sets of templates and Excel styles, but they can be modified at any moment by an administrator. This article will explain what to do if you don't have access to the latest changes.
How it works
The UpSlide customization is a set of files (PowerPoint templates, Excel workbooks, configuration files, etc.) deployed to your computer when UpSlide is installed. Every UpSlide user has a copy on their machine, but only an administrator can change it.
When administrators modify the customization and export it to others, UpSlide creates a .upslide file stored in the shared folder. The .upslide is a bundle of all the customization files compressed and organized so UpSlide can read it.
To see if any content is available, you can go to UpSlide's Settings > Templates & Styles.
- Under History, you'll see the latest modifications made by the admin and whether or not they've been installed. Your templates are up to date if the most recent change has the Status Installed.
- Published content location is the shared folder in which the .upslide file has been dropped.
UpSlide will check if new content is available in the shared folder at startup. If there is, UpSlide will download it and notify the user to restart UpSlide. This new content will be installed when UpSlide starts again.
Most common issues and how to solve them
I can't see anything under History
This can mean different things:
- You don't have access to the shared folder path. You can confirm by opening Windows File Explorer and going directly to the path.
- If you don't have access, you should ask your local IT team to give you the read permissions on the folder.
- The shared folder is empty. This can happen if the .upslide has been deleted or you're not using the correct shared folder path.
- You should confirm with your administrator to either export the changes again or get the correct path.
UpSlide is not installing the content
Make sure you are using the correct shared folder path and that you can see content under History in UpSlide's Settings > Templates & Styles. Then, you can follow the steps below to make sure UpSlide installs the new content.
- Close all your PPT, Excel and Word files.
- Reopen only one PPT, and go in UpSlide's Settings > Templates & Styles.
- Click on the most recent change available under History, then click Install.
- Wait until you see the notification popup in the bottom-left corner, letting you know the templates are installed.
- Close the PPT document.
- Reopen one PPT. You should now have the new content.