This article will help you configure your UpSlide to access the Library's content.
- Troubleshoot: the library can't be accessed
- Troubleshoot: setting up your library
- Icons explanation (key)
If you open the library pane and see this error:
And/or when you open your UpSlide settings, you can see a red cross or a lock at the right of the Library path:
This could mean two things:
- You are not connected to the Internet or Network, therefore UpSlide can't access the shared folder.
- You don't have the proper permissions to access the shared folder.
- Fix: You should contact your IT department and ask them to give you the required permissions.
- Only if your library is hosted on a SharePoint path: you may have ignored the SharePoint authorisation popup when opening MS Office.
- Quick Fix: Close MS Office. Open the folder %appdata%\UpSlide and delete the file "SharePointToken.bin3". Now reopen PPT and Library and wait for the SharePoint connection to appear. Accept the connection by clicking on your email address.
- Long Term Fix: You should contact your IT department and ask them to follow these instructions.
Error shown: Your library has not been set up
If you do not have any Library configured when opening the Library pane you will see the below image:
- Clicking on the Set it manually link will open the Settings window
- You can configure a new library by clicking the Add library button
- Add the shared drive / SharePoint path your team are using to store library content
Once you have added a Library you will see an icon displayed at the end of the path when in the settings pane. Here are the different icons UpSlide uses to describe the connection status to the Library.
You can access this library.
This folder does not exist or is inaccessible.
You do not have the rights to access this folder
The folder can't be accessed, but a copy of its content is accessible on your machine.
(Administrator only) You can access and edit this library.
(Administrator only) You can access this library but you cannot edit it.