This article will help you configure your UpSlide to access the library's content.
- Troubleshoot: the library can't be accessed
- Troubleshoot: setting up your library
- Icons explanation (key)
If you open the library pane and see this error:
And when you open your UpSlide settings, you can see a red cross or a lock at the right of the Library path:
This could mean two things:
- You are not connected to the Internet or Network; therefore, UpSlide can't access the shared folder.
- You don't have the proper permissions to access the shared folder.
- We recommend you contact your IT department and ask them to give you the required permissions to the configured path.
If your library is hosted on a SharePoint online, you also need to sign in when prompted:
- You may have ignored the SharePoint authentication popup when opening your Office application, and you can follow the below steps to fix this:
- Close all your MS Office applications.
- Open PPT and sign in when the SharePoint authentication popup is prompted.
Error: Your library is not set up yet
If you do not have any Library configured when opening the Library pane, you will see the below image:
- Clicking on the Set it manually link will open the Settings window
- You can configure a new library by clicking the Add library button
- Add the shared drive / SharePoint path your team are using to store library content
Once you have added a Library, you will see an icon displayed at the end of the path when in the settings pane. Here are the different icons UpSlide uses to describe the connection status to the library.
You can access this library.
This folder does not exist or is inaccessible.
You do not have permission to access this folder.
The folder can't be accessed, but a copy of its content is accessible on your machine. To fix this, you need to sign in when prompted at the start of the Office application.
(Administrator only) You can access and edit this library.
(Administrator only) You can access this library, but you cannot edit it.