What is the Personal Library ?
The Personal Library (or Default Library) is a special kind of library that is available from UpSlide v6. It is a library that is designed for working alone, as opposed to regular libraries, which are shared with other team members.
If an UpSlide setup contains a Personal Library, this library will be copied onto the user's computer, and the user will be able to administrate this library.
To be clear, this means the following:
- Since the library is copied onto the user's computer, only the user will have access to it.
- Each user will start with the same content, but they can each modify it to suit their need.
- You don't need to set up a Network Folder - the folder is located on the user's computer, under %appdata%/UpSlide/Content, next to the Local Cache (See this article for more information about the Local Cache and the Network Folder.)
Set up a Personal Library
There are limitations to Personal Libraries:
- You can only set up a Personal Library if you don't have a team library (no team library on the License Server or in the Setup Generator).
- You can only have one Personal Library.
To set up a Personal Library, the integrator must simply place a folder named DefaultLibrary in Config/Content/ when building the UpSlide setup.
Note any UpSlide user can set up and administrate his own library if he puts it under %appdata%. The Personal (or Default) Library is just a mechanism to provide users with a library that already has content.