Since version 6.5.2 the UpSlide Library can be hosted in a Sharepoint Online Document Library. Once the Document Library has been created in a Sharepoint site, its path can be used directly in UpSlide Settings to set up the library for the user.
Create the Document Library
- In the Site Contents tab within SharePoint, click New and select Document library
- Once created, copy the URL path from SharePoint
- Click Settings in the UpSlide tab
- In the Library tab, add a library and paste the URL from the recently created Document Library under Library path
UpSlide's requirements of the Document Library you create
- Your Document Library path needs to have the following format: https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxx/xxx or https://xxx.sharepoint.com/teams/xxx/xxx
- We highly recommend using simple Document Library names, without any space or special characters
- Do not rename the Document Library after creation, UpSlide won't be able to access it.
- You won't be able to add a path to a subfolder of a Document Library in UpSlide.
- It won't work if the Library is created on the root site of SharePoint.
- You will also need to grant consent to UpSlide so that it can retrieve content from SharePoint.
A visual guide to creating the Document Library
Initially creating the Document Library:
Once created it appears in the left hand pane. Our example has the name DocumentLibrary but you can name yours something more relevant to your organization:
How this path is entered into UpSlide where the green symbol indicates successful access and the text saying "logged in SharePoint as" indicating the user has successfully authorized the connection: