UpSlide offers libraries of standard content in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
As an administrator, when you right click the library, you get access to a set of additional buttons designed to:
- add, rename or delete items,
- replace an item by the current selection,
- create and rename folders (or subfolders at any level).
By Drag and Drop, you can also move any item or folder to a different directory.
Note that the items in a folder are always stored alphabetically. Therefore the only way to modify the position of the contents is by renaming the items.
Finally, if you click on Show Properties, you can tag each elements with additional keywords to accelerate the search.
Library dependent features
PowerPoint Shape Library
- If several shapes are selected, they will be grouped when inserted in the library.
- The position of the shape in the slide, will be maintained in the library. So plan carefully.
- Do not forget that each element of the shape library might be inserted directly into the master. So think about inserting logos, disclaimers or element usually found on masters.
- Can contain shapes (pictures, charts, tables...) but also entire paragraphs. You can even insert entire documents if you have too many templates and need the search capabilities of the library.
PowerPoint Slide Library
- Can contain single slides or full sections.
- To avoid slide master issues, please follow this procedure, when inserting slides not created with UpSlide.
- Can contain single sheets, multiple sheets or entire workbooks.
- If the inserted workbook contains macros, they will be preserved.
- To reduce the time it takes your users to insert an element, always clean the workbook before inserting an element in the library.