You have installed UpSlide on your computer and launched Excel, PowerPoint or Word. Your next step is to activate your license.
If your email is already set in your user session and if this email has been added to our registered users' database, UpSlide will be activated automatically.
You will see this activation window if UpSlide can't be activated automatically. To activate your license, enter your email address and click OK. If you have an activation code, you can also use it here.
Your email address was not found in the list of authorized users
Your email address has not yet been entered into our database, and you are not recognized as an authorized user by your organization.
- You should contact the person in charge of UpSlide licenses in your organization. They will be able to assign an UpSlide license to your email address.
- You can also contact our Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give them the following information: the name and email of someone from your team using UpSlide.
If you are getting this error message, it could mean:
- You are using an obsolete version of UpSlide which can't communicate with our server for security reasons.
- You are not connected to the internet.
- Your IT network security is blocking communications between UpSlide and our server.
- Contact our Support team (email@example.com) and ask for a newer version.
- You can try to activate with this manual procedure:
- In the Activation window, click the Request a license code link. Your web browser will open a page on our website.
- Enter your email address (twice for confirmation) and click the Request license button.
- If your email is referenced, you will receive a license code by mail within a few minutes.
- Copy/paste this code in the text box and click OK to activate UpSlide.
Every year, your license will be renewed automatically, provided that:
- Your email address is still part of the list of authorized users.
- You have purchased UpSlide for another year.
- UpSlide can communicate with our servers.
If your network policy allows communication with the UpSlide server, UpSlide will automatically renew your license each year.
UpSlide checks if the user's license is still valid on our server at startup. When the user has a license that is about to expire (four days before the end date), UpSlide starts trying to get a new license every day. If it doesn't succeed, the Activation Screen is displayed. The screen appears once a day for three days. After that, the license is deactivated, and the user can't use UpSlide features.
If UpSlide cannot communicate with our server between when the licenses were renewed and when the license expired, the user will have an expired license. This could happen, for example, if the user is on holiday.
To rectify this, the affected users should renew their licenses manually.
- Open UpSlide > Settings > About.
- Click the update symbol on the right of the end date.
- Enter their email address