UpSlide sometimes detects several potential sources when trying to update an imported object in PowerPoint or Word. This may be caused by a couple of things:
- the worksheet containing the source has been copied
- two versions of the source file are currently open (the picture below presents such a situation)
You have to permanently assign the source for the linked object.
This can be done in the Excel Link Information window, which displays the different sources available. To open it, click the Link Information button in the Go to Source drop-down in the UpSlide ribbon.
For each potential source, you can access different actions by clicking the three vertical dots on the right-hand side.
- Display will show the excel file and select the chart/table source.
- Use for update will update your PPT chart/table using this source.
- Use for update and permanently assign source will update your PPT chart/table using this source and will set this source as the default one. UpSlide will use this source automatically for all future updates.